Multinational businesspeople, foreign investors, executives, managers, and employees with essential skills may be eligible for the E-2 visa. An experienced immigration attorney can help foreign investors and their qualifies employees navigate the regulations required for E-2 visas and assist in every step of the visa process.
The Law Offices of Fariba Faiz offer expertise in all areas of investment-based immigration matters, including E-2 Investor Visas. E-2 visas allow for foreign investors and their qualified foreign personnel to operate their US-based enterprise.
The Department of State provides an updated, comprehensive list outlining countries which have a treaty of trade with the US.
Family members and employees
Spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and eligible employees may be granted entry to accompany the principal visa holder.
To receive an E-2 Investor Visa, there must be a treaty of trade between the country of the investor's nationality and the U.S. To be considered a treaty investor under federal law, applicants must demonstrate the following:
- The investor must be a foreign national of a treaty country
- The investment must be substantial and ensure successful business operation – there is no federally mandated number or percentage, so what is considered substantial can vary by enterprise
- The investment must operate under a real enterprise – idle investments and uncommitted funds do not qualify
- The investment must generate a significant economic impact in the U.S. – marginal investments do not meet E-2 visa qualifications
- The investor must be in control of funds which are also considered a commercial risk – asset-secured loans do not qualify
- The investor must be relocating to the U.S. to direct and develop the enterprise, or be employed in a highly-skilled supervisory or executive position – ordinary employees are not eligible for E-2 visas
- The investor must be able to prove the source and provenance of the investment funds
The skilled immigration attorneys at the Law Offices of Fariba Faiz have years of expertise in acquiring E-2 Investor Visas for our clients. We are well versed in the legislative policies surrounding treaty countries as well as the documentation required to attain an E-2 temporary work visa to help you through each step of the petition process.